The Best Form Of Mosquito Protection For Your St. Louis Property
July 15, 2021 - Mosquitoes
Mosquitoes are guaranteed to be after you as soon as you step outside. They want and need your blood; it’s central to their survival. These bugs will be so determined, you won’t be able to enjoy a picnic, hike, football game, or event reception. Even if you don’t notice them, you’ll soon see the red and itchy bites they leave on your body.
Health professionals say that mosquitoes are the planet’s most medically dangerous pest. Unfortunately, these flying insects are responsible for transmitting diseases and causing people to be seriously ill. It’s no easy feat to manage mosquito populations since they live in natural settings. Learn how you can block their invasions with help from Roberts Pest Control.
How Do You Get Mosquitoes? What Are The Risks?
The term mosquito means “little fly;” these bugs are just 0.12 to 0.35 of an inch long. Their wings and skin are scaly. Distinct noses and thin legs are also key features of theirs. When it’s time for the females to produce eggs, they will be eager to drink blood. The fluid is monumental to their process. While water plays a role in breeding as well, both sexes actively consume it. Organisms specifically are retrieved by larvae. Thus, you’re likely to see these pests near standing pools. Mosquitoes also feed on nectar. Considering this, be on alert if your property is next to a body of water or rich greenery. Examples are lakes, streams, and forests. About 3,500 species are on the earth.
Mosquitoes will find their way inside your domicile and business if there are cracks in the foundations. Also, if doors and windows are open. You can expect to spot them in spaces like basements, laundry rooms, and closets. They prefer dark areas that have some dampness. An infestation is obvious if you catch mosquitoes or continue to see bumps on your person.
Here are a few details about significant diseases mosquitoes pass long:
- Incurable Chikungunya results in fever and severe joint pain.
- Malaria signs include sweating and chills.
- Dengue causes rashes, fever, and nausea.
- Yellow Fever brings symptoms like intense liver, kidney, and heart issues.
- Zika virus leads to birth defects in 5% of infants.
- West Nile virus has 80% of asymptomatic patients. Fatal neurological reactions can occur though.
What Are Ways To Prevent Mosquitoes?
Exterior care efforts are necessary to keep away mosquitoes. You have to make sure that your land doesn’t inadvertently cater to these pests. Clothing and eating choices are also important. There’s a chance you can lure the bugs to you. Here are some prevention methods:
- Burn candles that have essential oils, such as peppermint or rosemary. They have repellent properties.
- Lay mosquito traps and clean them frequently.
- Drain swimming areas and dry pet drinking bowls to reduce standing water.
- Mow the lawn and trim greenery regularly. Drain the yard well and avoid overwatering it.
- Remove organic debris from the yard.
- Wash out the gutters on a routine basis.
- Try not to wear dark colors, such as black and blue. Mosquitoes can see these shades easily. Opt for brighter hues.
- Be careful when drinking alcoholic beverages. The content and scent will surface through your pores and attract mosquitoes.
- Stay alert when you visit bodies of water and go indoors at sunset; mosquitoes are busy then.
How Will Roberts Pest Control Handle Mosquitoes?
Common methods for deterring mosquitoes have their limitations, and many relevant commercial products can be too toxic. You might accidentally harm your vegetation or expose yourself to harsh chemicals. We at Roberts Pest Control have safe but potent pest solutions. Our skilled technicians will use misters and larvicide to create a residual barrier and address breeding grounds. Call today to get started with our effective mosquito control in St. Louis! We also provide commercial pest control solutions for businesses.