The Benefits Of Professional Pest Control For Your St. Louis Home
May 22, 2022 - Pest Control
How tolerant are you when it comes to pests? Some people grew up with bugs and other invasive creatures inside their homes and learned to live with them. Others have fears of house pests and actively do everything in their power to keep them away from their living areas. Regardless of how you feel about pests, we promise that your life would be better without invasive creatures inside your home. To help you remove and keep out pests in your St. Louis home, here are some things you should know about professional pest control. For immediate service, skip right to our contact page. We would be happy to schedule an emergency service visit to deal with potentially dangerous creatures inside or around your home.
Types Of Pests That Commonly Invade St. Louis Homes
There are hundreds of invasive pest species that live here in St. Louis. To make things simple for you, we are going to break down some of the most common types of pests in our area. Here are a few you should know about and a basic description of each.
- Ants are small insects that live in large social colonies. These pests usually build their nests underground and invade homes through cracks, gaps, and other entry points. Some species of ants build nests inside wall voids and will happily live indoors during the colder months.
- Bed bugs are tiny, blood-feeding, sleep-wrecking bugs that invade homes on items that people carry. These small, reddish-brown, oval-shaped bugs hide when people are awake and come out to feed at night when people are sleeping.
- Centipedes are long arthropods with 15 to 177 pairs of legs that invade area homes to hunt for food or to find shelter. These pests may look dangerous but are usually just harmless and annoying.
- Cockroaches are flat, dirty insects that enjoy living inside human dwellings. These pests cause loads of problems and are known for their love of trash and crawling through dirty areas.
- Termites are wood-destroying insects that regularly damage homes in our area. The most common type of termite in St. Louis is the subterranean termite. This pest usually only invades water-damaged wood and lives underground around properties.
- Rodents are furry, have sharp teeth, and often prefer living inside homes than out in the wild. Two common rodent invaders in St. Louis are mice and rats. Both of these pests cause many problems indoors.
- Wasps are flying, stinging, usually bright-colored insects that frequent yards in our area. These pests usually build nests outdoors but can build inside if the opportunity presents itself.
The Many Problems Pest Infestations Can Create In Your House
Before we talk about Do-It-Yourself pest control and other methods to keep pest invaders out of your home, let’s break down some of the problems pests cause locally. To start, pests like rats, cockroaches, and certain species of ants spread disease. They do this via their dirty bodies, through their excrement, and sometimes with their bites. Other pests like wasps, spiders, and bees have painful venom that can directly harm individuals. On the other side of things, there are destructive pests. Termites and carpenter ants can cause extensive damage to wood; rodents chew on everything in sight; and many species of bugs stain carpets, drapes, and other fabrics. Even if a pest is not dangerous or destructive, they are still annoying. If you are tired of dealing with problematic pests inside your St. Louis home, consider the benefits of residential pest control.
The Hassles With Do-It-Yourself Pest Control
One way homeowners try to deal with pests is with DIY methods. Our recommendation is to avoid DIY methods that eliminate existing pest problems. Trying to handle pests on your own using chemical-based insecticides is a fast way to get sick. Pest control is a delicate process that is easy to get wrong. It is also easy to waste a lot of money only to find no success removing pest problems. To avoid the complications of DIY elimination strategies, let the professionals at Roberts Pest Control help.
The Stress-Free Way To A Pest-Free Home
How much does residential pest control cost? You might be surprised by how affordable services are with Roberts Pest Control. A basic residential plan with us is not only cost-effective but also a great way to protect your home against common invaders. If you are looking for more detailed protection, you need total home pest control services. Call today to learn more about pest control in St. Louis. We will walk you through our options and help find a plan that best fits your home’s individual needs.